Tank heating systems are used for freeze protection and maintaining fluid temperatures in small, medium and large-volume, industrial storage tanks and vessels. Typical applications for tank heating systems and vessels include:
- Freeze protection of low and medium viscosity fluids (e.g. water, ammonia)
- Temperature maintenance for medium viscosity fluids (e.g. oils, resins)
- Crystallization prevention (e.g. caustic soda)
- Condensation prevention (e.g. fly ash in conical bases of silos)
- Specialty applications that include heat-up, high viscosity fluids and agitation applications
Tank Heating – A Complete Heat Management System Approach
Tank heating systems can be quite varied. For this reason, Pentair Thermal Management offers a wide range of technologies to optimize your vessel or tank heat trace system, in addition to turnkey services.
Heat Trace System
- Electric heat trace cables - heat trace cables that maintain temperature of non-flowing fluids by replacing the heat lost through thermal insulation on vessels or tanks
- Advanced control systems - devices such thermostats, controllers, and electric panels that monitor and or control heat trace cables to help maintain the temperature of the fluid through a heat traced pipe
- Connection kits and accessories such as power connection kits, end seals, aluminum tape and labels
We can supply the individual components, provide engineering and design and even install and maintain the entire tank heating system.
When our advanced products are combined with our services, you get an integrated solution that is strategically planned and executed for an optimum heat management system (HMS). By managing and executing all aspects of the heat trace system design and installation, we provide a single interface to your project team.