When you as the customer, partner with Pentair Thermal Management early - while projects are still in the feasibility / Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) planning phase - you get the advantage of our heat tracing system design and optimization expertise. Our front end engineering design services integrate design techniques and proven execution strategies based on our extensive experience designing and installing heat management systems to help you realize lower Total Installed Cost (TIC) and lower Total Operating Cost (TOC) on your heat tracing projects.
By working together, we can provide the following benefits at the FEED stage of a project:
- Review the project's primary Heat Tracing and related specifications (i.e., insulation, electrical, piping, etc.)
- Formulate any scope of work outline for a project-specific Heat Management System
- Select appropriate project-specific optimization strategies
- Develop a cost analysis showing the non-optimized design baseline against an optimized design and the potential cost reduction
- Estimate budgetary Heat Management System CAPEX (capital expenditures) and OPEX costs (operating expenditures)
- Prepare preliminary power loading calculations and distribution scenarios
The following illustration exemplifies how the implementation of cost reduction strategies / technologies are most beneficial to a project at the project's definition or FEED stage - prior to the normal detailed design and procurement phases. As time progresses along a project time-line, the design flexibility necessary to implement good cost reduction measures is reduced.
Pentair Thermal Management has been able to realize as much as a 25% total installed cost reduction, and as much as a 40% total operating cost reduction for heat management systems through our optimization programs.